Hindu Deity Pack PK
This attractive set of Hindu artefacts features some of the most common Hindu deities that children will meet in their study of Hinduism. They are presented in a variety of materials to illustrate some of the different types of representations found in this religion.
• The Trimurti. This murti (statue) represents the 3 principle forms of the Supreme God, Brahman. They are Brahma, the Creator; Vishnu, the Sustainer and Shiva, the Creator and Destroyer.
• Shiva Nataraja (resin). This is Shiva, Lord of the Dance, 1 of the 3 principle forms of the Supreme God.
• The aluminium frame shows a scene from the Hindu epic, the Ramayana.
• Ganesh the elephant headed God is the son of Shiva and Parvati.
• The triptych illustrates 3 of the most common deities. On the left Krishna, another incarnation of Vishnu, is serenading his wife Radha, the cowgirl with his flute.