Numicon® Boxed Set of 80 Shapes
Containing 80 coloured pegs to use when building Numicon shapes in the classroom. Best used alongside Numicon Teaching Resources. Features Numicon is research-based and proven to have a significant and lasting impact on results.
Numicon apparatus encourages children to reason mathematically through use of concrete objects to support learning. This box of 80 Numicon® Shapes contains: 10 x 1 shapes, 10 x 2 shapes, 10 x 3 shapes, 10 x 4 shapes, 10 x 5 shapes, 5 x 6 shapes, 5 x 7 shapes, 5 x 8 shapes, 5 x 9 shapes and 10 x 10 shapes. Not suitable for children under 36 Months due to small parts.
Reasons to Love:
• Each shape carries a different value and colour allowing for simple sorting, establishing of more or less, and ordering/comparing, matching and finding equivalence.
• Use as a means of developing the senses when comes to understanding how numbers look or feel.
• Ideal when teaching times tables and related division facts, through repeated addition, particularly 2’s, 5’s and 10’s, and also showing different number bonds.
• Adaptable to whole class contexts, or small group settings.
• Can be used to promote improvement in reasoning/problem solving.