Great for getting children reading and singing nursery rhymes, this book and characters set will help you to bring the classics to life. Includes 6 finger puppets: a white mouse, a colourful fish, Humpty Dumpty, a black sheep, Incy Wincy Spider and a star with a hardback book in a presentation box.
Y1 Reading Comprehension
• Pupils should be taught to:
• develop pleasure in reading, motivation to read, vocabulary and understanding by:
• becoming very familiar with key stories, fairy stories and traditional tales, retelling them and considering their particular characteristics
• recognising and joining in with predictable phrases
Notes and Guidance Y1
• Pupils start to learn how language sounds and increase their vocabulary and awareness of grammatical structures. In due course, they will be able to draw on such grammar in their own writing. Role-play can help pupils to identify with and explore characters and to try out the language they have listened to.
• Notes and Guidance Y2
• Role-play and other drama techniques can help pupils to identify with and explore characters. In these ways, they extend their understanding of what they read and have opportunities to try out the language they have listened to.